SANTA BARBARA COUNTY - Caltrans will hold an open forum/public hearing on the Draft Revised Environmental Impact (EIR) for the South Coast 101 HOV Lanes Project at the Chase Palm Park Center at 236 East Cabrillo Boulevard in Santa Barbara on Thursday, Dec. 15 from 5:30 pm until 7:30 pm. A brief presentation on the purpose of the Draft Revised EIR will begin at 6 pm.
The Draft Revised EIR has been prepared at the direction of the Santa Barbara County Superior Court and is focused specifically on the topic of intersection analysis and cumulative traffic impacts. It serves as a revision to the previously approved August 2014 Final EIR.
The Draft Revised EIR is now available for public review at the following locations:
• Caltrans District 5 Midway Building, 2885 South Higuera Street in San Luis Obispo.
• City of Santa Barbara Central Library, 40 East Anapamu Street in Santa Barbara.
• Carpinteria City Library, 5141 Carpinteria Avenue in Carpinteria.
• Montecito Branch Library, 1469 East Valley Road in Montecito.
• Santa Barbara Eastside Library, 1102 East Montecito Street in Santa Barbara.
• Website: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist05/projects/sb_101hov
This project proposes to add new high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes on US 101 between Bailard Avenue in the City of Carpinteria and Sycamore Creek (north of Salinas Street) in the City of Santa Barbara. The project would also reconstruct two interchanges at Sheffield Drive and Cabrillo Boulevard/Hot Springs Road, including replacing the left ramps with new right-side ramps.
The public may submit written comments on the Draft Revised EIR until Tuesday, January 31, 2017 to Caltrans, Attention Jason Wilkinson, 50 Higuera Street, San Luis Obispo, CA. 93401 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
New public comments on this Draft Revised EIR is being limited to the specific chapters of the previously approved August 2014 Final EIR that have been revised and recirculated. All other portions of the final EIR for this project remain valid.