Goleta Awards $100,000 in Community Grants
The City of Goleta is pleased to announce that 38 well-deserving organizations will receive up to $3,500 in grant money through the Goleta City Grant Program (formerly the Community Project Grant Program). For fiscal year 2016-17, up to $100,000 in funding was available for the Goleta City Grant Program and the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. Seven additional organizations qualified for the CDBG Program, each receiving between $3,000-4,000.
“Each year we are able to fund organizations contributing to the betterment of Goleta,” said Mayor Jim Farr. “These organizations do so much with so little, these grants really make a difference in the work they do, and I am happy to be a part of supporting them.”
The organizations selected to receive grants vary in their mission, but all have an impact on Goleta. Recipients received funding through the Goleta City Grant Program because they offer civic services, community projects, cultural activities, educational programs or special events that benefit residents. Federal CDBG funding must be used to provide public services to the homeless and low- to moderate-income residents of Goleta.
Recipients of this year’s Goleta City Grant Program are:
· Family Service Agency
· United Boys & Girls Club of Santa Barbara County
· AHA! Attitude. Harmony. Achievement.
· Child Abuse Listening and Mediation (CALM)
· South Coast Railroad Museum
· Santa Barbara Rape Crises Center
· Beach Erosion Authority for Clean Oceans and Nourishment (BEACON)
· Fairview Gardens
· Little Star Pony Foundation
· Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy Foundation
· Santa Barbara Symphony Orchestra Association
· Friends of the Goleta Valley Library
· Postpartum Education for Parents (PEP)
· Goleta Valley Beautiful
· Reid’s Gift, Inc.
· Santa Barbara County Trails Council
· Dos Pueblos High School (DPHS) Athletic Booster Club
· Dog Adoption and Welfare Group (DAWG)
· Santa Barbara Wildlife Care Network
· Las Monarcas Cultural Arts, Inc.
· Isla Vista Elementary School PTA
· Dos Pueblos High School (DPHS) Instrumental Music Program Boosters
· Explore Ecology
· Adventures in Caring Foundation
· Goleta Valley Historical Society
· Santa Barbara Audubon Society (SBAS)
· Santa Barbara Partners in Education
· United Way of Santa Barbara County, Inc.
· Las Noticias En Confianza
· Interfaith Initiative of Santa Barbara County
· Soroptimist International of Santa Barbara
· Goleta Noontime Rotary Club Charitable Fund
· Transition House
· Dos Pueblos Little League
· Foodbank of Santa Barbara County
· Animal Shelter Assistance Program (ASAP)
· Friendship Adult Day Care Center, Inc.
· Goleta Valley Community Center
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program recipients are:
· Carrillo Counseling Services, Inc. dba New Beginnings Counseling Center
· Sarah House Santa Barbara
· Isla Vista Youth Projects, Inc.
· Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics
· Girls Inc. of Greater Santa Barbara
· Community Action Commission
· Family Service Agency
Each year the City advertises the availability of these grants on its website (www.CityofGoleta.org). The Mayor’s subcommittee reviews the applications, meets with the applicants, and makes a recommendation to the City Council.