The High Cost of Living in Santa Barbara:
A Focus on Jobs and Housing
Sponsored by the City of Santa Barbara’s Living Wage Ordinance Committee
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Faulkner Gallery, Central Library Santa Barbara
Moderator: Mayor Helene Schneider
* Nelson Lichtenstein, Director UCSB’s Center for the Study of Work, Labor, and Democracy
* Ken Oplinger, President/CEO Santa Barbara Chamber of Commerce
* Maricela Morales, Executive Director Central Coast Alliance for a Sustainable Economy
* Trevor Large, Board President Santa Barbara Hospitality
* Olivia Marr, Board Vice President Coastal Housing Coalition
Panelists will discuss jobs, housing, the minimum wage increase, and bringing housing onto State Street, among other topics. * Building and construction trade unions will be tabling, offering information about apprenticeship programs. Confirmed: Plumbers & Pipefitters, IBEW International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Sheet Metal Workers, Laborers. People can find out how to get into a training program and learn a trade.