4:30-6:30 p.m., Thursday, May 11
Auditorium, Santa Barbara County Education Office,
4400 Cathedral Oaks Road, Santa Barbara
This exciting event features nearly 200 students and educators from around Santa Barbara County sharing exemplary innovative educational technology practices to implement the Common Core Standards in an engaging manner.
The following schools will be represented at this year’s showcase: Alice Shaw Elementary (Orcutt USD), Cold Spring Elementary, Fillmore Elementary (Lompoc USD), Laguna Blanca, La Honda STEAM Academy (Lompoc USD), Marymount, Orcutt Academy, Peabody Charter (Santa Barbara USD), Santa Barbara High School.
The evening features:
· Student created snake traps, pendulums, mazes, rollercoaster, etc.
· Student created app to program drones
· Student created materials to teach cyber safety
· A showcase of Deeper Learning schools that are implementing learning that is student-centered, collaborative, project-based, and meaningful for both students and teachers
· Inspiring real-world digital integration ideas
· New digital tools to explore, with demonstrations from vendor partners
· “Hacktathon” — student coding competition
· Chances to win great door prizes