Solvang, Santa Ynez Valley, California—The public is invited to the 36th annual Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital (SYVCH) Free Health Fair on Saturday, October 6, 2018, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott Hotel, 555 McMurray Road in Buellton. The SYVCH free health fair features popular offerings:
· Free seasonal flu shots (first come, first vaccinated for those 18 and older and not pregnant)
· Free total cholesterol and glucose finger stick screenings available to first 150 attendees. (No fasting required)
· Free osteoporosis screenings using ultrasound technology (first come, first tested; includes results print-out)
· Free blood pressure checks
· An opportunity to meet SYVCH Auxiliary’s certified Pet Therapy dogs and their handlers
· Hands-only CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) demonstrations
Plus, staff from Cottage Health’s Trauma Services, with assistance from the SYVCH emergency room staff, will properly fit safety helmets for children and adults for only $10 cash per helmet (a $40-$70 value).
All ages are encouraged to discover more than 40 exhibitors and display booths, free information about SYVCH departments including Advanced Imaging, Nutrition, Surgical Services, Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, Physicians Clinic, and other services offered at the hospital, located at 2050 Viborg Road in Solvang. Free refreshments are served throughout the Health Fair. Plus, attendees can register and be present to win prize drawings every half hour with a total of 30 gift bags of items given throughout the event.
The SYVCH Health Fair is staffed by hospital team members, volunteers from the hospital’s Auxiliary and the SYVCH Foundation Board of Directors; all coordinated and hosted by Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital Foundation. For more information, please visit www.cottagehealth.org/SYVHealthFair