Winter Kale and Grapefruit Salad
Juicy grapefruit is paired with winter kale and crunchy pumpkin seeds for a fresh and seasonal salad.
- 1 Large Bunch Curly Kale
- 1 tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbl Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Grapefruits
- 3 tbls Raw Pumpkin Seeds
1. Place the kale in a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with the salt, and add the lemon juice. Massage the kale for 2-3 minutes until the leaves are soft and coated in the oil.
2. Slice off the top and bottom of each grapefruit. Run the knife down the sides of each grapefruit removing the peel and pith. Using a paring knife, cut the fruit segments apart form in between the membranes. Cut the grapefruit segments into bite size pieces.
3. Stir the grapefruit into the kale. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.