A New Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
The classic chocolate chip cookie recipe is updated using secret super food ingredients!
- 1½ cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- ¼ cup Flaxseed, Finely ground
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1½ Sticks Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Natural Cane Sugar (Sugar in the Raw)
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium size bowl, mix together the flour, oats, flaxseed, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, on medium high-speed, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, incorporating each before adding in the next. Beat in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add in the flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Drop large tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 32 cookies
Recipe adapted from Food Network Magazine Jan/Feb 2012