Try The Tri Contest!
Photo by Kevin Steele
If you've ever considered trying the Santa Barbara Triathlon, here is a killer incentive.
Why try the Santa Barbara Triathlon? Here are five killer reasons:
1. It's a triathlon that feels more like a beach party, with music, food and beverages, and a cheering crowd waiting for you at the oceanfront finish line.
2. You can finally cross “do a triathlon” off your bucket list.
3. You’ll get a chance to see for yourself why so many people call the Santa Barbara Triathlon the best event on the Central Coast.
4. You’ll understand firsthand why past participants rave with comments like: “Everybody was so friendly and helpful. Even though this was my first triathlon, I never felt lost or unsure. Very well run. Thank you!"
5. It’s an opportunity to empower yourself by trying something new and proving you can do anything you set your mind to.
HERE’S THE SCOOP: Entering our Try The Tri Contest couldn't be easier: Just go to your favorite social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram) and briefly tell us what participating in the Santa Barbara Triathlon means to you. In order to qualify, you must include "#TryTheTriSB" in your post and tag @SantaBarbaraTriathlon (@SBTri on Twitter). It's really that simple. One random winner will be chosen from Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can post on all three platforms to triple your chances of winning.
ABOUT THE EVENT(S): Our sprint course (500 Yard swim, 6 Mile bike, 2 Mile run) on Sunday, August 23 is short and sweet—the perfect introduction to the sport. Not hard-core enough for you? Our long course (1 Mile swim, 34 Mile bike, 10 Mile run) on Saturday, August 22 is widely considered one of the most beautiful and challenging courses in the country.
WINNER’S OBLIGATIONS: By accepting your prize, you agree to write up to three separate short (250 word max) paragraphs detailing your training experience as well as one post-event follow-up paragraph. The Santa Barbara Triathlon reserves unrestricted permission to post these on our blog or in any other media.
CONTEST RULES: Entries are due by Friday, May 1 and the winner will be selected by May 15. Enter as many times as you’d like across all three platforms. By accepting your prize, you agree to the “winners’ obligations” detailed above.
The Santa Barbara Triathlon is presented by Montecito Bank and Trust.