Page 1 of 22
Posted on May 21 at 2:07 p.m.
1. Looks like the government sprang into action by doing a whole heck of a lot of nothing.2. Does anyone else think it ludicrous that "Red Tape" of permits had to be waived to get some action on this? How long were clean up teams held back by big government?3. The press is slanting things with the 105,000 gallons spilled instead of the more customary barrels (42 G/BBL). Of course saying 2500 barrels were spilled doesn't sound so sensational. Also note that clean up totals are in barrels. The stupid voters won't know the difference, media slanting at its best.4. I was actually here in 1969 when 3 million barrels spilled. Within 3 months I was walking on the beach. The results were tar on my feet not much worse than a typical seep day now. Within 6 months it was pretty much back to normal.
On As Refugio Oil Slick Spreads, Spill Estimate Rises
Posted on May 21 at 2:06 p.m.
1. Looks like the government sprang into action by doing a whole heck of a lot of nothing.2. Does anyone else think it ludicrous that "Red Tape" of permits had to be waived to get some action on this? How long were clean up teams held back by big government?3. The press is slanting things with the 105,000 gallons spilled instead of the more customary barrels (42 G/BBL). Of course saying 2500 barrels were spilled doesn't sound so sensational. Also note that clean up totals are in barrels. The stupid voters won't know the difference, media slanting at its best.4. I was actually here in 1969 when 3 million barrels spilled. Within 3 months I was walking on the beach. The results were tar on my feet not much worse than a typical seep day now. Within 6 months it was pretty much back to normal.5. I find it surprising that oil on birds is the worst thing but the 100s of thousands of bats killed yearly, and hundreds of Raptors (10s of Bald Eagles, which BTW windfarms get an exemption from big government) killed by wind farms is cool because you know ignorance and BIG OIL!!!!6. The solar plant in Barstow (mirror reflective) incinerates thousands of birds a month. But again cool because, ignorance and SOLAR!!!!7. As to the electric cars, exactly where do you think the electricity comes from? Coal, oil, and NatGas. 8. Environmental costs of electric vehicles is higher than gas powered. Clean diesel is the much better way to go. Go look at where the batteries are made, it's a waste land.
Calm down special snowflakes. This too will pass. I do feel sorry for the people that would be camping, yet I got screwed out of ElCap because the state run entity had some pipe breaks in March. Government is the worst way to accomplish anything. Don't think it is better.
Last note, I will be yelling at the TV as all of the self serving (come on now "HEROIC" no just doing their jobs) politicians standing in the background wasting money and resources on all the TV updates.
Posted on February 25 at 12:06 p.m.
1. Judging by the usual gang of leftists that infest the Independent comments feeling all butt hurt, this is a great change.
2. The upper eastside people that run the council will have to keep their nanny statism to themselves.
3. The council members now do nothing more than rubber stamp the socialist policies of staff now so things really can't get any worse.
On City Election Sea Change
Posted on January 8 at 11:31 a.m.
I remember the people pushing this on us said it would not affect egg prices. Lo and behold eggs are now twice as expensive. Does this matter to the rich democrat animal rights elites? NO But it does hurt working families and truly hurts the poor.
Under democrat rule in California we now have the highest percentage of poor people. Democrats lie, they lie all the time.
On Cage-Free Eggs Statewide
Posted on January 8 at 11:27 a.m.
Truth, even in Obama's fundamentally changed America is still a complete defense. These people are here illegally. They all violated our immigration laws. That is a fact.
Another thing thinking all illegals are Hispanic is pretty darned racist. As usual the people calling others racist are the true racists.
On Protest Planned over <em>News-Press</em> Headline
Posted on October 29 at 2:29 p.m.
Capps is desperate and lying even more than usual. The lie about cutting Medicare is just that a lie.
To any senior citizens or people looking to be on Medicare. Lois Capps voted to cut Medicare by a TRILLION DOLLARS. A TRILLION DOLLARS. That is not conjecture Obama-democrat Care cut Medicare by a TRILLION DOLLARS.
If you are over 65 many procedures and treatments are no longer covered by Medicare. The democrats and Capps voted to end your lives earlier. Check the congressional record.
On Mitchum’s Biggest Role Yet?
Posted on September 5 at 2:25 p.m.
I hope that Capps opposes the Obama's war on Syria as she did with Bush. However, I hold little hope because Capps does what the democrat party leadership tells her to do. In this case it is Operation Save Face for Obama.
On Syria Vote Looms
Posted on September 5 at 2:22 p.m.
I find it very interesting that the Obama Regime knows exactly what happened in Syria within days and has yet to figure out what happened in Benghazi a year ago or what the IRS offices in Cincinnati did months ago.
Another thing the Obama Regime told the American people and the world that it was a YouTube video that caused the Benghazi massacre for months. The question is did they knowingly tell us lies or were they just completely inept? Either way the accusations and going to war is very questionable.
On Should the U.S. intervene in Syria?
Posted on November 17 at 3:41 p.m.
Looks like we have lots of racist parents, teachers, and staff at Harding school
On Harding Principal Removed from Post
Posted on May 31 at 1:55 p.m.
The answer, of course, is to increase taxes, increase regulations, and make the state more hostile to business while making it more hospitable to welfarians (we have 38% of all welfare recipients in the nation), and keep young retired public union members in Cadillac pensions (fun fact: average pension for a CA public union employee $68k/yr, average wage for working adults in CA $47K/yr) and the best health care insurance available with COLAs.
It has gotten us to this point but a few more years ought to finish the job.
On Which Way, California?