WEATHER »

Comments by loonpt

Previous | Page 2 of 366 | Next

Posted on March 5 at 2:07 p.m.

Botany, you don't get it. They are going to party.. no matter what.. It will never stop no matter what you do, I don't know why you think you can do anything that will have any real impact on the level of partying. It doesn't matter what rules you make or how they are enforced.

All I'm saying is let them have their little area which is less than 1% of the town.. otherwise it is just going to cause problems. It doesn't need to be legislated, I'm just trying to promote the reality of the situation and show that the people who are complaining are more unreasonable than the people who are partying. I'm showing that the people who want 100% of the town to be quiet after 10pm are really the ones who are selfish and entitled when 99% of the town is already quiet after 10pm.

I'm not saying abolish all noise ordinances, or people shouldn't be able to complain about noise, I'm just saying that if you live in a neighborhood full of students and you like it quiet then move. It's pretty simple. There are plenty of quiet neighborhoods in town, more than 99% of the neighborhoods are quiet. What is the problem?? You have to live in an area with a bunch of college students that is also quiet? Why would anybody feel entitled to that kind of lifestyle?

On Good Laws Make Good SBCC Neighbors

Posted on March 5 at 1:56 p.m.

I don't know of anybody, anywhere who denies the Holocaust - I also mentioned that Ahmadinejad specifically does not deny the Holocaust. Why do you think he does? Just because the media told you? Lame.

Iran 1925-1979 C.E.

Pahlavi dynasty comes to power. Modernization and reforms are imposed, and Jewish life starts to improve.

Iran 1979 - Present

"Iranian Jews have mostly immigrated to the United States — particularly Los Angeles — and to Israel."

Ever since.... The Iranian Revolution!! Caused by the CIA... which also caused more Islamic extremism. So the fact that Iranian Jews have it rough in Iran seems to be the fault of US foreign policy.

On Bibi, Go Home

Posted on March 5 at 1:46 p.m.

That's the thing, blah, the long time residents of the area are STILL going to lose, because they are whiny and entitled and like it quiet and they live in the middle of a bunch of college students. These are people who WANT to be miserable and so they purposely put themselves in miserable situations just so they can vomit their misery all over the city council and other people through their whining and complaining.

Every couple years a new crop of college students will come in, party, get laid and have a great time. A few will be fined and harassed by the police and that will be unfortunate.. and really the world would be a much better place for everybody, including the "longtime" residents, if the "longtime" residents moved to a quieter area where there are less transient students.. that's what you don't get, MY solution makes the "longtime" residents truly happier by putting them in a more peaceful situation that is more compatible with their lifestyle, all your solution does is give them the ability and ammunition to continue their crusade of whineyness and create more problems and harass people.

That is the difference between solving a problem and creating more problems. I'm a problem solver, you're a problem creator.

On Good Laws Make Good SBCC Neighbors

Posted on March 5 at 1:22 p.m.

No it doesn't imply that at all, not if you actually listen to what Ahmadinejad says about these things. He has no problem with Jewish people, he has a problem with Zionism. He has a problem with Jewish people using the Holocaust as an excuse to commit genocide and murder Palestinians. I happen to agree with him on that.

On Bibi, Go Home

Posted on March 5 at 1:20 p.m.

Blah, you lose, because most CC students are not even 21 and can't go downtown to the bars. They party in apartment complexes where a lot of other students live, and for the most part they only take up a few big apartment complexes and one block of Oceano... and a good portion of IV. That leaves the other 99% of SB and Goleta for people who want it quiet... All I'm saying is let 1% of the space in SB and IV go to partiers, the other 99% can go to people who want it quiet and this will be the best way to make the most amount of people happy.

I will continue to use the word "entitled" for the people who are REALLY entitled and think that 100% of the population should live like them and we can't have ANY neighborhoods where young people can socialize. You people are so ridiculously selfish, then you turn around and try and turn it on me.. the person who is begging for 1% of the space for freedom and letting you inflict your tyranny of silence on the other 99%. You act like I'm out of line, like I'm asking for too much.. Such BS!!

I don't like construction noise early in the morning, but i deal with it because construction workers prefer to get in some work early before it gets really hot during the day.

Young people party at night because that is when their hormones are telling them they are supposed to be up looking around to mate. If you have a problem with that, don't live around a bunch of young people.

Fighting college students and making strict rules in areas where they have the large majority of presence doesn't make any sense because it makes the other people in the neighborhood feel like they are entitled to have things be the way they want and so instead of moving they stick around and fight. It would be better if they left and let some students who lived out in quieter areas move in, they can trade spots and everybody would be happier.

College students are only here for 1-4 years, then a new crop of them come in.. So fighting the current crop of students doesn't make any sense, you will just be fighting a new crop in another couple years.. It accomplishes nothing except that it creates a lot of problems for everybody that could be avoided if people would move if they don't like the neighborhood they live in.

On Good Laws Make Good SBCC Neighbors

Posted on March 5 at 12:34 p.m.

The quote was that the STATE of Israel should be erased from the sands of time. That's the closest translation.

To say that it implies that Jewish people should be exterminated is ridiculous.

On Bibi, Go Home

Posted on March 5 at 12:28 p.m.

I mean, I don't know how clear I can be - get it through your thick head - college students are ALWAYS going to party. PERIOD. If they aren't hurting anybody else, then leave them alone. Otherwise you are just being antagonizing and creating more problems.

If they are being noisy and students are the majority in your neighborhood, consider moving. I'm sure there are some students on the outskirts in quiet neighborhoods that would love to live where you do and be closer to the action.

On Good Laws Make Good SBCC Neighbors

Posted on March 5 at 12:23 p.m.

I'm not miserable, the people who are miserable are the entitled souls who choose to live in noisy neighborhoods near colleges and try to tell everybody else how they should live.

It's like college parties is some new invention for them that hasn't existed for generations...

On Good Laws Make Good SBCC Neighbors

Posted on March 5 at 12:21 p.m.

Tell that to nativeson.. I don't know how you think that would be a refutation to anything I've said.

On Bibi, Go Home

Posted on March 5 at 11:56 a.m.

"The leaders of Iran have called for the extermination of Israel and thus the Jewry." -nativeson

Bullshoy. That is called propaganda, it was a purposely misinterpreted quote.

Ahmadinejad called for the government of Israel to be erased from the sands of time, they never have called for the extermination of Jews. There are Jews and Christians living in Iran peacefully.

Ahmadinejad is also most certainly not a Holocaust denier..but of course you heard it on CNN repeated enough times so it must be true..

On Bibi, Go Home

Previous | Page 2 of 366 | Next

event calendar sponsored by: