Page 1 of 56
Posted on May 19 at 9:16 p.m.
The subtitle of this article is wrong and misleading.
Four miles of beach and ocean are NOT *filled* with crude.They "coated" in crude or "covered" in crude - not "full" of crude.
Just more enviro-wacko bias showing up in an otherwise accurate and well reported story.
Penalize the offender, build stronger fail safe systems - keep drilling.
On Big Oil Spill Along Refugio Coast
Posted on May 19 at 12:42 p.m.
Let me take the liberty of un-puzzling your highly puzzled (by your own admission above) mind.
1. 90% of Fracking water is derived from deep, ancient non-human aquifer, non-potable, unusable (except for fracking) brine-water thousands and thousands of feet below the bedrock.
2. 10% of Fracking water comes from recycled water or fresh new water. This water is paid for and the use of Fracking water is controlled and managed by between seven and twenty two city, county, regional, state and federal agencies and regulators.
3. Fracking has lowered the U.S. CO2 emissions back to 1992 levels because it has found and recovered so much cheap natural gas that electric power plants can switch from high CO2 coal to much lower CO2 natural gas.
4. The reduction to 1992 CO2 levels from Fracking allowing the switch from coal to gas is (hold onto your puzzled head), 42,000x as much of the contribution of solar panels during the same period. And solar panels product a LOT of C02 in their manufacturing, transportation, installation and eventual destruction.
Good luck with the puzzle... there is only one piece missing: your ability to focus on rational facts vs. emotion driven opinions and your reliance on your lib-dem peers liking you.
On Water Waster
Posted on May 19 at 12:33 p.m.
Dear uninformed/hipster protestor's:
If you are attacked in any way, call the police, gather evidence and witnesses, file a report.
If the DA agrees with you, there will be a criminal trial.if a Jury of the defendant's peers agree with you, there will be a conviction.A judge will order punishment.
This is called: "The American law enforcement and judicial process".It is NOT called "UCSB" or college administrators.
On Students Stage Sit-In at Cheadle Hall
Posted on May 14 at 10:34 a.m.
Keep voting lib dem!
The cost pays for a granola crunching local enviro wacko outfit to pay part time salaries for nature hikes of unemployed UC liberal students with binoculars and cargo pants to try and find this animal.
On Survival for Who?
Posted on May 14 at 10:30 a.m.
Yes! This is awesome! Just what we need!
A populist lib-dem president fully implementing the Progressive ideal.Just like Venezuela!
1. Price caps led to mass shortages of basic staples.2. Wage mandates led to massive unemployment, esp for the working poor and youth.3. Huge increases in taxation, nationalizing super markets and appliance stores and the suppression of political speech all in the name of Progressivism.
Now they are shooting poor people in the streets for protesting the results of lib dem and progressive policies.
Yes, Bernie is just what we need!! Go Bernie, Go!
On Bernie Sanders for President
Posted on May 14 at 9:05 a.m.
Californian's are subject to 51 federal and state gun laws.
If by support you mean "support another gun law" does it occur to you that you might want to change your definition of "support"?
Passing more and more and more anti-gun laws isn't helping - at all.
On Take Action Against Gun Violence
Posted on May 14 at 9:01 a.m.
1. Men die at much higher rates from heart disease than women2. Men die at nearly equal rates from prostate cancer as women from breast but breast cancer research is 8x3. Men die younger than women even if normalizing for warSpending on men's health issues is 1/4th that of women from NIH
And on and on and on.
Thanks for the big push on women's health Evan! Makes a lot of sense.
On Women's Health Week
Posted on May 14 at 8:58 a.m.
Here! Here!Cuba is the Best!
1. 90% of the population defecates daily in ditches. (I bet you didn't see much of that did you? Wonder why? Hmmmm...)2. Thousands of people are tortured and thrown in jail for political speech.3. There is no freedom of press or media.4. Income inequality is 400% worse than the U.S. Although 99% of people are equally in squalid poverty and distress.5. The country is ruled by a left wing totalitarian military junta.6. A left wing democrats progressive dream come true!Three cheers for Cuba! Yay!
On Wonderful Cuba
Posted on May 8 at 8:36 p.m.
Apparently it doesn’t take much to scare the American public into waving the white flag of surrender in the face of threats from some members of Islam. It seems that we’ve decided that we’re going to be told by the political left that we can’t draw pictures in Texas of a supposed deity because it “offends” muslims. If that is so, then we’d best be prepared for total submission as there is a long, long list of things that offend the sons of allah including (but certainly not limited to):
pork, alcoholbikinis, music, dancing, movieswomen driving, women traveling, women menstruating, women unveiledfree speech, Capitalism, democracychurches, Christians, synagogues, Jews, Hindus, atheistsand on and on and on.
Does anyone doubt that there are not large numbers of our fellow citizens ready to get down on their prayer rug and submit to Islam if that is what it takes to stay alive?
Pamela Geller performed a brave and necessary political act. While most people don’t want to realize that we are at war, she does. And the result? Two dead islamists - not bound for heaven and 72 virgins - but already turning to dust. One of the terrorists was already being watched and almost certainly would have committed future acts of violence.
“Draw Mohammed” contests should be held in secure locations in all 50 states with well-armed security forces ready to bag as many terrorists as possible. All we’ve got to do is to display a fraction of the courage of Pamela Geller.
On At War in Garland
Posted on May 8 at 8:35 p.m.
Apparently it doesn’t take much to scare the American public into waving the white flag of surrender in the face of threats from some members of Islam.
It seems that we’ve decided that we’re going to be told by the political left that we can’t draw pictures in Texas of a supposed deity because it “offends” muslims. If that is so, then we’d best be prepared for total submission as there is a long, long list of things that offend the sons of allah including (but certainly not limited to):
On Prophet Would Counsel Patience