Page 2 of 32
Posted on August 25 at 5:02 p.m.
Very, very simple:
Step 1: City inspects, notes violations and informs the *owner* of the building.
Step 2: Owner and City work together to try and resolve, ending in failure of owner to resolve.
Step 3: Owner either does not communicate to tenants or communicates poorly/vaguely in order to keep tenants paying rent.
Step 4: City takes action, which includes required full notification of tenants and public awareness.
Step 5: Indy does article (above)
Step 6: Lib Dem SB lefties bash property owners as capitalist pigs that should burn followed by long missives of the struggling art community, poor working people and "no justice, no peace".
March up State Street against Bush anyone? Oh, wait, he's not prez any more... dial it back to Hotchkiss bashing.
On Funk Zone Funny Business Leads to Evictions
Posted on August 22 at 12:51 a.m.
Hanna Beth-Jackson's position is clear:
Artificially raise the price of oil by limiting drilling anywhere in her district to support a higher cost of energy and discourage the use of petroleum products, which hurts the economy, snuffs out high paying jobs and relegates the working poor to even more poverty.
<insert lib dem and enviro-wacko applause>
This is the same position as the privileged while liberal democrats in SB City that support the above (or try not to think about it) while driving whatever car they want back and forth from Yoga class while complaining to eachother about their illegal immigrant maids/nannies/gardeners service levels.
The total lifetime carbon emissions of a Prius are equal to those of 1978 Ford station wagon due to the *massive* CO2 release during Lithium mining, processing, transportation and battery assembly.
Nevermind that CO2 released by the US is now at 1993 levels (down from 1997 levels in 2011) due to the ramp up of natural gas... overwhelming by 1000s the benefits of solar and wind.
Clearly these drilling projects MUST be stopped!
On Air Force Study Opens T-Ridge Drilling Prospects
Posted on August 22 at 12:39 a.m.
"Liberal Minded People" = people who want *you* to pay for their ideas so that they can feel better about themselves, never mind if their ideas actually work or do good.
Why is the Indy posting a story about racists who name their group "The Race" losing their racist HQ due to lack of money to support racism?
On La Casa de la Raza Near Foreclosure?
Posted on August 17 at 1:46 p.m.
At least the good news is that we're pumping hundreds of millions of gallons of reservoir water down a creek that naturally would have no water in it now anyway.
Makes perfect sense.
On Collective Chill Pill at Cachuma
Posted on August 14 at 7:20 a.m.
Illegal immigrants and their children.Massive new flood hitting open borders loving SB soon.
60% of SB public schools now illegal immigrants or children of illegal immigrants.
On School Board Appoints New ELL Director
Posted on August 14 at 7:17 a.m.
So let's recap:
- Women live longer than men even when normalized for war.
- In the U.S., funding on medical research for women's health is running at about 3x that of men's.
- Women now have higher high school graduation and college degree earning rates than men.
- Unemployment among men during the "Great Recession" was (and remains) much higher among men than women.
- Men are ridiculed as idiots and buffoons constantly in popular media such as sitcoms and TV commercials. Terrific for boys and young mens' self-image.
- Women can legally kill a living human inside their bodies without any notification and over any objection from the man that co-created the pregnancy.
- According to the FBI rape and sexual assaults against women are at the lowest point since recording began. Same stat from California authorities.
- Income disparity between men and women who are in the same/similar job and have worked for the same amount of continuous years and the apprx the same hours/week at the lowest point it has ever been - huge progress during the past 40 years for women.
And there is a "War on Women" in America?
On 'Affirmative Consent' U
Posted on August 12 at 6:47 p.m.
dewdly, the answer is "trading land for peace" as DrDan assures us is a legitimate and rational choice that Israel should do with the West Bank.
Clearly DrDan is correct, because when Israel turned over Gaza to the Palestinians and evacuated it, they got nothing but peace from the Palestinians that now live there.
- no rockets, no tunnels, no bombs, no hatred at Israel, full recognition of Israel's right to exist and Israel even got the gift of democratically elected terrorist group Hamas! Now unicorns dance on rainbows and peace exists throughout the land of milk and honey.
You are so right DrDan. We can also go to sleep tonight confident that when Israel exits the West Bank peace will prevail and threats to Israel will end from groups like Hamas.
What a joke.
On Bombs or Diplomacy?
Posted on August 12 at 6:37 p.m.
- Men are ridiculed ad idiots and buffoons constantly in popular media such as sitcoms and TV commercials. Terrific for boys and young mens' self-image.
Posted on August 7 at 2:04 p.m.
The answer is simple Das:
1. Increase spending on non-classroom administrators. 76% of SB school district funds *never see a classroom*. In 1956 in SB it was 23%. Clearly this helps our kids.
2. Increase the power and control Unions who have the best interest of kids over their own interests and have demonstrated this by: increases in drop out rates, stagnant test scores, lowering of expectations of students and huge increase in compensation - now at more than $106K/yr for the average union member in our school district (salary + benefits).
3. Roll out crazy confusing and totally perplexing new standards and teaching methods like Common Core.
If you, Das Williams, continue to vote for the organizations that help keep you employed (ie: Unions and their sympathizers), then our kids win!
On Funding Our Future
Posted on August 7 at 1:57 p.m.
Thank goodness that:
1. Hamas didn't pass Sharia law, which pounds women in Gaza into the middle ages (actually they did pass this recently and are imposing it).
2. Hamas didn't fire rockets purposely intended to kill civilians for years before Israel took action a few weeks ago (actually they have fired thousands of their crappy rockets that could kill for years).
3. Hamas didn't commit war crimes by *purposely* targeting Israeli civilians and firing weapons explicitly from behind and around women, children and other Gaza civilians. Actually they DID do this.
Thank goodness that:4. Hamas recognizes Israel's right to exist (they don't)
5. For years, Hamas as NOT been smuggling in weapons by sea and ground (actually Hamas HAS been doing this) forcing Israel and Egypt to implement blockades that hurt Gaza civilians.
6. Hamas spent millions on international aid building infrastructure and industry for Gaza (they instead spend it on tunnels and rockets to try and kill and terrorize Israeli civilians).
It's great that Hamas:- Was voted into power democratically by Palestinian's - who clearly bear some responsibility for their votes - as we all do in democracies.- Succeeded in getting Israel to completely leave and turn over Gaza to Palestinians... which Israel did in 2006.
Luckily, 90% of Indy readers believe Hamas is great and all the list of items above are meaningless and should motivate Israel to do nothing.
and meanwhile, while people march and scream about Israel reacting to the above and *during the same 3 weeks time period* 40x the number of civilians were killed by ISIS, in Syria, Libya, etc.