Comments by sbkid

Page 1 of 2 | Next

Posted on October 22 at 9:27 a.m.


On Rattlesnake Canyon Campfire Found

Posted on October 21 at 2:45 p.m.

And in other news: I was wandering around 154 up on the pass the other day and found 4 cigarette butts! When will people ever learn?

On Rattlesnake Canyon Campfire Found

Posted on October 20 at 9:46 a.m.

The noble cause here is profit. Does anyone remember when this same developer bought the Carrillo Hotel and kicked out all the seniors living in low cost housing there? The Carrillo Hotel was an excellent location for seniors-close to shopping and emergency services.

By teaming up with Housing, this project suddenly become a noble cause. This developer thinks he will be able to break all the zoning rules and be able to pack seniors in to what amounts to prison cells with open doors. Take a look at their other projects.

But hey, this project is all about the pofits and shifting the costs to the rest of us. For example, where will the water for this project come from? That's right, from a new source that the rest of us will have pay for through increased water rates. We will be subsidizing this developer's profits. Unless of course he offers to pay for his own water supply. Oddly, haven't seen that offer yet.

I wish the planning comission really did planning and not bend over backwards breaking all the rules for every developer that appears before them. That you truly be a service to the community which you are suppose to be serving.

On Can Creek Restoration and Affordable Housing Coexist?

Posted on October 1 at 4:28 p.m.

Earth to Prenatt: After all the people you screwed, the safest place for you is in jail for a very long time. By the time you are out, hopefully the people you robbed will have forgotten.

On Accused Scammer Gets Cold Feet

Posted on September 24 at 1:52 p.m.

I don't really see a problem here. The Chumash tell the rest of community to pound dirt. The community can tell them to pound dirt.

Water? Why are supplying another nation water? Stop selling them water. Police and fire. No problem, let them provide their own. Wear and tear on the county infrastructure from the the traffic generated? Put toll gates at the casino enterance to collect tolls to pay for road upkeep. And just like most borders, charge a exit tax when leaving county property for a foreign nation. Being a sovereign government can have both its pluses and minuses.

On 12-Story Hotel by 2016?

Posted on September 17 at 10:16 a.m.

What ever happened to taking responsiblity for your own actions? What a bunch of losers! And they will continue to be losers the rest of their lives because they don't responsiblity for themselves.

On Negligence Lawsuit Proceeds Against City

Posted on September 9 at 3:24 p.m.

Since we don't have any water for more development, why are we even talking about more water consuming development?

Smart growth isn't smart when you don't have the resources to support the growth.

And does anyone see a major conflict of interest with Das Williams pushing this project for a major contributor? At the very least, what the heck are his staff members (who are paid for by the taxpayers) doing lobbying for this project? Ethics investigation anyone?

On Developer to Save Funk Zone

Posted on August 1 at 11:46 a.m.

Ha ha ha, Barry has the last laugh! It's the 1% fleecing the other 99% to finance their 1%er lifestyle. And he isn't even a Santa Barbara resident. Double win!

Look, I grew up here. The people that live in Santa Barbara are my neighbors-not this race or that race (whatever that is in this day and age). But then again, how would a non resident like Barry know that?

On Voting Discrimination Lawsuit Filed

Posted on June 5 at 11:26 a.m.

We can all nibble around what caused Rodger's rampage. We can blame mental illness, guns, knives and 2 door black BMWs. The fact of the matter is that it was Rodger's antisocial behavior that caused so much suffering. He wasn't mentally ill. That is why the mental health system failed him. He was a spoiled brat and needed to be socialized so that he would become a responsible adult. But all the pathologizing of Rodger got in the way of the socializing he desperately needed.

To call this spoiled brat mentally ill is offensive and a disservice to those who truly suffer from a mental illness.

On Temper Tantrum of the Early-Morning Dog

Posted on June 3 at 8:25 a.m.

I love how the cabbies park in the Downtown Shuttle bus stops so that passengers can't get off or on the shuttle at the designated stops.

And seeing how these cabbies drive, you have to wonder if any of them ever had to pass a driving test.

On Cabbies Take Uber Drivers to Task

Page 1 of 2 | Next

event calendar sponsored by: