- Fire Weather Watch for Burney Basin, Eastern Shasta County County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued October 18 at 6:04AM PDT until October 20 at 5:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, October 19, 2017 at noon
- Expires: Friday, October 20, 2017 at 5 a.m.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT FOR MONO AND EASTERN ALPINE
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire Zone 273 Mono and Eastern Alpine Counties.
* Winds...Southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 35 mph Thursday
afternoon and night. Local gusts of 50 to 55 mph possible
Thursday night on mid-slopes and wind prone areas.
* Humidity...Minimum 10 to 15 percent Thursday afternoon. Poor
recovery Thursday night with RH remaining below 35 percent
into early Friday morning.
* Duration...2 to 4 hours except 6 to 12 hours for mid slopes and
wind prone locations.
* Impacts...The combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity.