- Winter Storm Warning for Burney Basin, Eastern Shasta County County, California
- Winter Storm Warning issued November 16 at 9:52AM PST until November 17 at 4:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 9:52 a.m.
- Expires: Friday, November 17, 2017 at 4 a.m.
...PERIODS OF HEAVY MOUNTAIN SNOW THROUGH TONIGHT...
.Pacific storm will bring periods of moderate to heavy snow with
gusty winds. Snow levels above 7000 feet will lower to 6500 feet
after 5 pm. The heaviest snow is expected late this afternoon.
Motorists planning travel into the mountains of Western Plumas
county and the Sierra Nevada during this time frame should be
prepared for hazardous winter driving conditions.
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PST FRIDAY
ABOVE 7000 FEET snow levels lowering to 6500 feet after 5 pm...
* WHAT...Heavy wet snow. Travel will be very difficult. Tree
branches could fall as well. Additional wet snow accumulations
of 10 to 15 inches, with localized amounts up to 21 inches.
* WHERE...West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada.
* WHEN...Until 4 AM Friday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for significant reductions in
visibility at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for wet snow means there will be snow
covered roads and limited visibilities. Travel is not recommended
while the warning is in effect. If you must travel, keep an extra
flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency.The latest road conditions for the state you are
calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.