- Winter Storm Watch for Burney Basin, Eastern Shasta County County, California
- Winter Storm Watch issued April 14 at 12:45PM PDT until April 16 at 6:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 6 p.m.
- Expires: Monday, April 16, 2018 at 6 p.m.
...HEAVY MOUNTAIN SNOW SUNDAY NIGHT INTO MONDAY...
.Late season Pacific storm will bring moderate to heavy snow to
the mountains of Western Plumas county and the Northern Sierra
Nevada Sunday evening into Monday. Combined with strong wind,
travel into the mountains will extremely difficult at that time.
Dry weather expected Tuesday.
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY EVENING THROUGH
MONDAY AFTERNOON ABOVE 5000 FEET...
* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Plan on difficult travel conditions
with slick roads, reduced visibility, travel delays and chain
controls. Total snow accumulations of 8 to 12 inches, with
localized amounts up to 15 inches, are possible.
* WHERE...West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada including Interstate
80 and Highway 50.
* WHEN...From Sunday evening through Monday afternoon.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Significant reductions in visibility are
possible with wind gusts to 55 mph over higher terrain.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant
snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue
to monitor the latest forecasts.