- Winter Storm Watch for Burney Basin, Eastern Shasta County County, California
- Winter Storm Watch issued March 21 at 12:49PM PDT until March 25 at 5:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, March 23, 2018 at 5 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, March 25, 2018 at 5 a.m.
...Heavy Snow Possible Late Tonight through Thursday and again
over the weekend...
.An Series of wet storms will sweep through California into the
weekend. Snow levels will remain above major pass levels early
this evening, but will lower to right around pass level after 11
pm. Heavy snow will be possible above 6500 feet with the potential
for travel delays and chain controls. A colder system with lower
snow levels and even heavier snow will drop south over the region
from Friday afternoon into the weekend.
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING TO
11 PM PDT THURSDAY ABOVE 6500 FEET...
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
LATE SATURDAY NIGHT ABOVE 3000 FEET...
* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Plan on difficult travel conditions.
Total snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches, localized amounts
up to 20 inches, are possible.
An additional 1 to 2 feet, with localized amounts up to 3 feet
Friday through Saturday.
* WHERE...West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada...including Donner
Summit over Interstate 80, Echo Summit over Highway 50, and
Carson Pass over Highway 88.
* WHEN...For the Winter Storm Warning, 11 PM today to 11 PM
Thursday. For the Winter Storm Watch, from Friday afternoon
through late Saturday night.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for significant reductions in
visibility at times. Significant reductions in visibility are
A Winter Storm Warning for snow means there will be snow covered
roads and limited visibilities. Travel is not recommended while
the warning is in effect. If you must travel, keep an extra
flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency.The latest road conditions for the state you are
calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.