- Winter Weather Advisory for Burney Basin, Eastern Shasta County County, California
- Winter Weather Advisory issued October 20 at 4:46AM PDT until October 20 at 11:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, October 20, 2017 at 4:46 a.m.
- Expires: Friday, October 20, 2017 at 11 a.m.
...Early Season Snow and Gusty Winds...
.A cool weather system will bring continued early season snow to
the Northern Sierra this morning. Snow levels are expected from
about 6000 to 7000 feet early this morning down to about to 5000
feet as colder air filters in. There could be 3 to 5 inches of
snow along Interstate 80 above 6000 feet...impacting areas near
Donner pass. Motorists traveling over mountain passes should be
prepared for slick roads. Gusty winds over mountain ridges could
cause problems for high profile vehicles and when combined with
snow could bring poor visibility.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM PDT THIS
MORNING ABOVE 6000 FEET...
* WHAT...Wet snow occurring. Plan on slippery road conditions.
Damage to trees and power lines is possible. Additional wet
snow accumulations of up to 2 inches are expected.
* WHERE...West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada.
* WHEN...Until 11 AM today.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at
A Winter Weather Advisory for wet snow means periods of wet snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
driving. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling
from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.