- Winter Weather Advisory for Burney Basin, Eastern Shasta County County, California
- Winter Weather Advisory issued May 25 at 2:49AM PDT until May 26 at 5:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, May 25, 2018 at 5 a.m.
- Expires: Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 5 a.m.
...Late Season Snow...
.A cold weather system will bring periods of snow above 8000 feet
Friday into Saturday.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM PDT
* WHAT...Snow expected. Total accumulations of 1 to 3 inches
expected, higher amounts up to 5 inches possible on the highest
* WHERE...West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada south of Highway 50
and above 8000 feet. This includes Carson Pass, Ebbetts Pass
and Sonora Pass.
* WHEN...5 AM today to 5 AM Saturday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...If you are camping or hiking in that area
be prepared for snowy conditions. Use caution when driving on
snow covered roads.
A Winter Weather Advisory for blowing snow means that
visibilities will be limited due to strong winds blowing snow
around. Use caution when traveling, especially in open areas. The
latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be
obtained by calling 5 1 1.