- Excessive Heat Warning for Carquinez Strait and Delta County, California
- Excessive Heat Warning issued September 03 at 3:44AM PDT until September 03 at 9:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 3:44 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 9 p.m.
...One More Day of Very Hot Weather Today...
.Strong high pressure maintains widespread triple digit highs and
the risk of heat-related illnesses through the day today, though
temperatures may be slightly less hot than on Saturday.
Temperatures are expected to drop this week, about 8 to 12 degrees
more on Labor Day, reaching near normal levels by Wednesday.
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM PDT THIS
* TEMPERATURE...Afternoon highs will range from 101 to 111 across
the Central Valley with lows this morning in the lower 70s to
lower 80s in the Valley and foothill thermal belts. Temperatures
are expected to be slightly less hot than Saturday.
* IMPACTS...HIGH risk of heat related illness for entire
population. Keep a close eye on: elderly, children, sick
people, pets and livestock.
* ADDITIONAL IMPACTS...Plan outdoor activities accordingly.
Schedule holiday weekend activities in the morning or late
evening when temperatures will be cooler and with less
exposure to direct sunlight.
Interact with us via social media