- Fire Weather Watch for Carquinez Strait and Delta County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued September 18 at 12:05PM PDT until September 20 at 5:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 7 p.m.
- Expires: Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 5 p.m.
...Fire Weather Watch Wednesday Evening through Thursday Afternoon...
.Northerly wind will increase Wednesday evening becoming gusty
overnight into Thursday. Widespread poor humidity recoveries
expected Wednesday night with low daytime humidities Thursday.
Combination of gusty wind, low humidity, and very dry fuels could
bring critical fire weather conditions during this period.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH
THURSDAY AFTERNOON FOR WIND AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES
213, 215, 216, 217, 263, 264, 266, AND 279...
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a Fire
Weather Watch, which is in effect from Wednesday evening through
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zone 213, 215, extreme northern
and western portion of Zone 216, extreme western portion of
Zone 216, zone 263, 264, 266 and 279.
* WIND...North wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
* HUMIDITY...Overnight humidity recoveries as low as 30
to 40 percent with afternoon minimum humidities of around
15 percent or less.
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Interact with us via social media