- Wind Advisory for Carquinez Strait and Delta County, California
- Wind Advisory issued February 28 at 11:22AM PST until March 01 at 8:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 7 a.m.
- Expires: Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 8 p.m.
...Major Winter Storm Will Bring Strong Winds to Interior Northern
.A major winter storm will bring strong southerly winds to
interior Northern California late tonight and through Thursday
evening. The strongest wind gusts are expected during the day on
Thursday. Southerly winds will increase in the Northern and
Central Sacramento Valley after midnight, and in the Southern
Sacramento, Delta, and Northern San Joaquin Valley after sunrise
There will be a few lulls in the winds Thursday afternoon, but
blustery winds will continue into Thursday evening.
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM TO 8 PM PST THURSDAY...
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 7 AM to 8 PM PST Thursday.
* TIMING...Southerly winds increase Thursday morning and continue
into Thursday evening.
* WINDS...Southerly 25 to 35 mph with gusts 40 to 50 mph.
* IMPACTS...Difficult driving conditions especially for high
profile vehicles. Loose objects becoming airborne.
Interact with us via social media