- Beach Hazards Statement for Catalina Island County, California
- Beach Hazards Statement issued January 13 at 2:10PM PST until January 17 at 10:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Monday, January 15, 2018 at 1 p.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 10 a.m.
...BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING...
The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a
Beach Hazards Statement for an outlook for high surf, which is in
effect from Monday afternoon through Wednesday morning.
* What...A long period westerly swell will likely bring high surf
to the beaches of Ventura county this week.
* When...Surf will Build Monday afternoon and continue through
* Where...West facing beaches.
* Possible Impacts...Large, powerful waves with strong currents
will create an increased risk of drowning. Sneaker waves can
suddenly wash over previously dry beaches and jetties. There
will also be a high risk of life-threatening rip currents.
* Outlook...High Surf Advisories are very likely from Monday
afternoon through Wednesday afternoon.