- Hard Freeze Warning for Catalina Island County, California
- Hard Freeze Warning issued November 28 at 3:02AM PST until November 28 at 9:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 3:02 a.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 9 a.m.
...GUSTY NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS TODAY...
...HARD FREEZE EXPECTED EARLY THIS MORNING ACROSS THE ANTELOPE
.Gusty north to northeast winds will continue across sections
of Ventura and Los Angeles counties through early this afternoon.
Wind gusts between 35 and 55 MPH can be expected in the windier
A dry air mass in place will allow overnight temperature to cool
to below freezing early this morning.
...HARD FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM PST THIS
* TEMPERATURE...Temperatures will drop to 24 to 28 degrees across
portions of the Antelope Valley early this morning.
* IMPACTS...A hard freeze can kill crops and sensitive
vegetation, and harm outdoor pets and livestock. Extended
exposure to cold can cause hypothermia.