- Hard Freeze Watch for Catalina Island County, California
- Hard Freeze Watch issued November 27 at 9:28AM PST until November 28 at 9:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at midnight
- Expires: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 9 a.m.
...GUSTY WINDS INTO TUESDAY...
...SUB-FREEZING TEMPERATURES TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY MORNING...
.Gusty northwesterly winds will continue into this afternoon, then
shift to north this evening before becoming northeast on Tuesday.
Some areas will experience gusts between 35 and 45 mph.
A cold air mass will settle into the interior valleys tonight,
bring the possibility of below freezing temperatures to the
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST THIS
...HARD FREEZE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
* WINDS...West winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph.
* TEMPERATURE...Temperatures may fall to between 25 and 29
degrees for two or more hours late tonight and early Tuesday
* IMPACTS...A hard freeze can burst exposed pipes and kill crops
or sensitive vegetation. Extended exposure to cold can cause
hypothermia, including outdoor pets and livestock. Gusty winds
will make driving difficult, especially for high profile
vehicles. Areas of blowing dust can suddenly and dangerously
reduce visibilities to near zero.