- Heat Advisory for Catalina Island County, California
- Heat Advisory issued October 25 at 5:09PM PDT until October 25 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 5:09 p.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 8 p.m.
The weakening offshore flow combined with a weakening ridge of
high pressure aloft has brought 5 to 10 degrees of cooling to
many areas today. However, record heat still occurred with widespread
highs in the 90s to the lower 100s. There will be some modest relief
overnight as winds are expected to be much weaker or calm. People
living in coastal plains without air conditioning should continue
to take precautions to avoid heat illness and heat stress.
...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PDT THIS EVENING...
* TEMPERATURES...Highs today from 95 to 100.
* Impacts...The very high temperatures create a dangerous
situation in which heat illnesses are possible. Temperatures
inside vehicles, even if the windows are partially open, can
quickly rise to life-threatening levels.