- High Surf Advisory for Catalina Island County, California
- High Surf Advisory issued April 13 at 2:06AM PDT until April 13 at 8:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, April 13, 2018 at 2:06 a.m.
- Expires: Friday, April 13, 2018 at 8 a.m.
.A northwest swell moving across the coastal waters will continue
to bring high surf along the beaches through today.
...HIGH SURF ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM PDT THIS
* SURF...Surf 5 to 8 ft will gradually subside at west to
northwest facing beaches this morning. Local sets to 7 feet may
linger into this afternoon.
* IMPACTS...There is an increased risk for ocean drowning. Rip
currents can pull swimmers and surfers out to sea. Large
breaking waves can cause injury...wash people off beaches and
rocks...and capsize small boats near shore.