- High Surf Advisory for Catalina Island County, California
- High Surf Advisory issued January 20 at 4:36PM PST until January 20 at 9:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 4:36 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 9 p.m.
...DAMAGING WARNING LEVEL SURF WILL CONTINUE TO AFFECT THE
CENTRAL COAST THROUGH THIS EVENING...
...HIGH SURF WILL AFFECT WEST AND NORTHWEST FACING BEACHES SOUTH
OF POINT CONCEPTION THROUGH THIS EVENING...
...HIGH SURF ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM PST THIS
* SURF AND TIMING...Surf is expected to average 4 to 8 feet
through this evening, with higher sets possible at exposed
locations such as Ventura Harbor. The surf will subside to 3 to
6 feet by late this evening.
* IMPACTS...Large, powerful, and dangerous waves with strong
currents will create an increased risk in drownings. Sneaker
waves can suddenly wash over previously dry beaches and
jetties. There will be also a high risk of life-threatening
rip currents. Damaging breaking waves are possible near the
entrance of the Ventura Harbor. Local flooding of low lying
beach parking lots will be possible with the high surf.