- High Wind Warning for Catalina Island County, California
- High Wind Warning issued April 13 at 3:24AM PDT until April 13 at 6:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, April 13, 2018 at 3:24 a.m.
- Expires: Friday, April 13, 2018 at 6 a.m.
...Strong and damaging northerly winds expected across portions
of Southwest California this morning...
.Strong north winds will weaken as they continue to turn northeast
this morning, likely dropping below advisory levels for most areas
by this afternoon. The strong winds this morning may still be
capable of knocking down branches, trees, and powerlines,
possibly resulting in power outages, mainly across wind prone
mountain and adjacent foothill locations.
...HIGH WIND WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM PDT EARLY THIS
The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has extended
a High Wind Warning, which is in effect until 6 AM PDT early this
* WINDS AND TIMING...North winds 25 to 40 mph with damaging gusts
between 50 and 70 mph, strongest through the mountains passes,
especially the Interstate 5 corridor. Winds are expected to
weaken to advisory levels as they turn northeast later this
* Impacts...Winds this strong may down trees and power lines,
causing property damage or power outages. Cross winds can make
driving difficult, especially for drivers of high profile
vehicles and vehicles towing trailers. This includes Highway
33 in Ventura County as well as Interstate 5 and Highway 14 in
Los Angeles County. Interstate 5 will be especially impacted
by the strong winds.