- High Wind Warning for Catalina Island County, California
- High Wind Warning issued January 09 at 6:56AM PST until January 09 at 12:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 6:56 a.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at noon
...STRONG AND WINDS ACROSS PORTIONS OF SOUTHWEST CALIFORNIA
.Strong southerly winds will continue in advance of a cold front
that is marching into Los Angeles county this morning. There will
be 60 to 70 mph gusts in the LA and Ventura mountains as well.
These winds along with the snow are handled by a winter storm
warning. Behind the front winds are decreasing and advisories are
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON PST TODAY...
* TIMING...Strongest winds will occur early this morning.
* WINDS...South to southwest winds 25 to 40 mph with gusts to 65
* IMPACTS...Winds this strong may down trees and power lines,
causing property damage or power outages. Cross winds can make
driving difficult, especially for drivers of high profile
vehicles and vehicles towing trailers.