- High Wind Warning for Catalina Island County, California
- High Wind Warning issued February 11 at 3:11AM PST until February 11 at 10:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 3:11 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 10 a.m.
...DAMAGING WINDS ACROSS THE LOS ANGELES AND VENTURA COUNTY
MOUNTAINS THIS MORNING INCLUDING THE SANTA MONICA RANGE...
...GUSTY NORTHEAST WINDS FOR PORTIONS OF THE COAST AND VALLEYS OF
VENTURA AND LOS ANGELES COUNTIES THIS MORNING...
.A strong Santa Ana wind event will persist through this morning
over much of Ventura and Los Angeles Counties. Damaging wind gusts
of 60 to 65 mph can be expected in the mountains, including the
Santa Monica Mountains. Gusty northeast winds 40 to 50 mph will
also affect portions of the coast and valleys during the period.
Winds will diminish quickly by noon today, with much weaker winds
expected this afternoon.
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PST THIS
* WINDS AND TIMING...North to northeast winds 25 to 40 mph with
gusts to 60 to 65 mph will continue through this morning.
* Impacts...Gusty winds will make driving difficult, especially
for high profile vehicles. Winds this strong may down trees
and power lines, causing property damage or power outages.
Cross winds can make driving difficult, especially for drivers
of high profile vehicles and vehicles towing trailers.
Roadways that will be affected include Highway 33 in Ventura
County as well as Interstate 5 and Highway 14 in Los Angeles