- High Wind Watch for Catalina Island County, California
- High Wind Watch issued February 10 at 9:33AM PST until February 11 at 10:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 3 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 10 a.m.
...GUSTY NORTHWESTERLY WINDS AFFECTING THE LOS ANGELES AND
VENTURA MOUNTAINS AND ANTELOPE VALLEY THROUGH EARLY THIS
...POTENTIALLY DAMAGING WINDS ACROSS THE LOS ANGELES AND VENTURA
COUNTY MOUNTAINS TONIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING INCLUDING THE SANTA
.A tightening northerly pressure gradient will bring gusty west
to north winds across northern Los Angeles and Ventura Counties.
A strong Santa Ana is expected to develop tonight and bring
potentially damaging winds to the Los Angeles and Ventura County
Mountains, including the Santa Monica Mountains.
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
* WINDS AND TIMING...North to northeast winds of 25 to 40 mph
with possible gusts to 60 mph will likely develop late tonight
and into Sunday morning.
* IMPACTS...Winds this strong may down trees and power lines,
causing property damage or power outages. Cross winds can make
driving difficult, especially for drivers of high profile
vehicles and vehicles towing trailers. Roadways that may be
affected by strong winds include Kanan, Malibu Canyon,
Topanga, and Decker Canyon Roads.