- High Wind Watch for Catalina Island County, California
- High Wind Watch issued October 08 at 3:42AM PDT until October 09 at 2:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Monday, October 9, 2017 at midnight
- Expires: Monday, October 9, 2017 at 2 p.m.
...Potential for damaging winds to affect the mountains of Los
Angeles and Ventura Counties including the Santa Monica Range and
the Santa Clarita Valley Monday morning...
.A strong Santa Ana wind event could develop late tonight and
continue into Tuesday morning. The winds will be strongest Monday
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
* TIMING...Gusty and potentially damaging northeast winds will
likely develop late tonight and continue through Monday
afternoon. The strongest wind gusts will occur Monday morning.
Warning level gusts will end Monday afternoon but then advisory
level gusts will likely continue through Tuesday.
* WINDS...Areas of north to northeast winds will likely increase
to 25 to 40 mph with possible damaging gusts to 60 mph on
tonight and likely linger into early Monday afternoon before
diminishing some. Isolated gusts to 70 mph are possible across
higher peaks Monday morning. Winds should lower to between 20
and 35 mph with gusts to 50 mph by Monday night and then
continue into Tuesday morning.
* IMPACTS...Winds this strong may down trees and power lines,
causing property damage or power outages. Cross winds can make
driving difficult, especially for drivers of high profile
vehicles and vehicles towing trailers. This includes Highway
33 in Ventura County as well as Interstate 5 and Highway 14 in
Los Angeles County.