- High Wind Watch for Catalina Island County, California
- High Wind Watch issued January 08 at 4:25AM PST until January 09 at 12:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 1 a.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at noon
...STRONG AND POTENTIALLY DAMAGING WINDS ACROSS INTERIOR PORTIONS
OF SOUTHWEST CALIFORNIA MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY
.Southerly winds will strengthen in advance of a strong cold front
that will approach and move through southwest California tonight
and Tuesday morning. There will be 60 to 70 mph gusts in the LA
and Ventura mountains as well. These winds along with the snow are
handled by a winter storm warning.
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 AM PST
...HIGH WIND WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a
Wind Advisory, which is in effect from 7 PM this evening to 1 AM
* TIMING...Strongest winds tonight into early Tuesday morning.
* WINDS...South to southwest winds 25 to 40 mph with damaging
gusts to 60 mph possible, strongest in the foothills.
* IMPACTS...Winds this strong may down trees and power lines,
causing property damage or power outages. Cross winds can make
driving difficult, especially for drivers of high profile
vehicles and vehicles towing trailers. Highway 14 and 138 will
likely be impacted by the strong winds.