- Red Flag Warning for Catalina Island County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued October 25 at 10:05AM PDT until October 25 at 6:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 10:05 a.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 6 p.m.
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PDT TODAY FOR MUCH OF
LOS ANGELES AND VENTURA COUNTIES DUE TO LOW HUMIDITIES, RECORD-
BREAKING TEMPERATURES AND LOCALLY GUSTY SANTA ANA WINDS...
.Santa Ana winds will continue to weaken today as pressure
gradients relax, however, record-breaking temperatures well into
the 90s and lower 100s along with very dry air will persist
today. Winds will also reverse to onshore by afternoon near the
coastal zones and could create issues with existing fires or
containment efforts in Ventura and Los Angeles Counties due to
shifting winds. There will be a slight improvement in humidity
recovery tonight and 5-12 degrees of cooling is expected for
Elevated fire weather conditions will return to Los Angeles and
Ventura Counties on Friday and Saturday when a weak Santa Ana
redevelops, bringing warming and drying to the region once again.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PDT THIS EVENING
FOR LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY, RECORD-BREAKING TEMPERATURES, AND
LOCALLY GUSTY SANTA ANA WINDS FOR MANY AREAS OF LOS ANGELES AND
* Winds...northeast 5 to 15 mph.
* Relative Humidity...minimums 5-12 percent.
* Temperatures...in the 90s to 102.
* Impacts...If fire ignition occurs, conditions are favorable for
extreme fire behavior and spread which would threaten life and
property. Use extreme caution when using potential fire