- Red Flag Warning for Catalina Island County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued December 21 at 2:17PM PST until December 22 at 10:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 2:17 p.m.
- Expires: Friday, December 22, 2017 at 10 a.m.
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING FOR GUSTY
WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY OVER MUCH OF LOS ANGELES AND
.A cold and dry Santa Ana will continue to drop humidities across
the windier corridors of Ventura and Los Angeles Counties with
wind gusts to 50 mph in the mountains and 35-40 mph in the valleys
and coasts. Humidities will lower into the teens and single
digits this afternoon and again on Friday. Overnight recoveries
will be minimal in the 15 to 30 percent range for many areas.
Winds are expected to subside late Friday morning across Los
Angeles and Ventura Counties, but it will remain very dry through
the entire holiday weekend.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PST FRIDAY FOR
WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR THE LOS ANGELES AND VENTURA
* Winds...Northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Relative Humidity...ranging from 8 to 15 percent with very poor
* Impacts...If fire ignition occurs, conditions are favorable
for extreme fire behavior which would threaten life and
property. Use extreme caution with potential fire ignition