- Winter Storm Warning for Catalina Island County, California
- Winter Storm Warning issued March 02 at 9:53PM PST until March 03 at 4:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Friday, March 2, 2018 at 9:53 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 4 p.m.
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FOR THE LOS ANGELES AND VENTURA
COUNTY MOUNTAINS THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON...
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FOR THE MOUNTAINS OF SANTA
BARBARA COUNTY LATE THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON...
.A storm system will bring periods of moderate to locally heavy
snow showers and strong, gusty winds to the mountains of Ventura
and Los Angeles Counties through Saturday afternoon. South to
southwest winds will be strongest through Saturday, with gusts up
to 45 mph. The snow and gusty winds will create very hazardous
driving conditions with icy roads and reduced visibility in snow
and blowing snow.
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST
* WHAT...Heavy snow and strong gusty winds. Snow levels will
mostly range between 5000 and 6000 feet, then lower to between
4000 and 5000 feet Saturday. Total snow accumulations of 12
inches or more above 7000 feet, locally up to 18 inches at
higher elevations. Accumulations of 6 to 12 inches between 6000
and 7000 feet. Lighter amounts can be expected below 6000 feet.
Gusty south to southwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45
mph will redevelop on Saturday.
* WHERE...Los Angeles County Mountains excluding the Santa
* WHEN...Through 4 PM PST Saturday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Highway 2 in the San Gabriel Mountains
will be affected by snow. The Interstate 5 Corridor should not
be affected by snow or ice through this evening, but there is
a chance that snow levels could lower to pass level by
Saturday morning. Plan on difficult travel conditions above
5000 feet. Be prepared for significant reductions in
visibility at times.