- Winter Storm Warning for Catalina Island County, California
- Winter Storm Warning issued January 09 at 4:20PM PST until January 09 at 10:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 4:20 p.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 10 p.m.
...PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOW AT HIGHER ELEVATIONS AND GUSTY WINDS
FOR LOS ANGELES COUNTY MOUNTAINS THROUGH THIS EVENING...
.A strong storm system will generate high elevation snowfall and
strong southerly winds across the mountains of Los Angeles
county through this evening. Snow levels will drop later this
evening with scattered snow showers persisting into the evening.
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM PST THIS
* Snow accumulations...Snowfall accumulations will range from 12
to 24 inches above 8500 feet, 6 to 12 inches between 7000 and
8500 feet, and 3 to 6 inches between 6000 and 7000 feet.
* SNOW LEVELS...Snow levels will lower to near 6000 feet through
* WINDS...Southerly winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph will
be possible. Winds will be strongest at higher elevations.
* IMPACTS...Heavy snow, gusty winds, low visibilities in blowing
snow and icy roads make for dangerous driving conditions and
could lead to road closures and travel delays. In addition,
extended exposure to cold and wind could be life threatening.