- Winter Storm Watch for Catalina Island County, California
- Winter Storm Watch issued February 28 at 3:01PM PST until March 03 at 4:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 9 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 4 p.m.
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FOR PORTIONS OF SOUTHWESTERN
CALIFORNIA THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...
.A storm system will bring the potential for heavy snow and
strong, gusty winds to the mountains of Ventura and Los Angeles
Counties Thursday afternoon through Saturday morning. Most of the
heavy snow should occur Thursday night into Friday morning,
although light snow should linger into Saturday morning as well.
South to southwest winds will be strongest Thursday night through
Friday evening, with gusts up 50 mph possible. The snow and gusty
winds could create very hazardous wintry driving conditions with
icy roads and reduced visibility in snow and blowing snow.
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH
* WHAT...Heavy snow and strong, gusty winds possible. Total snow
accumulations of 12 inches or more possible above 7000 feet,
with accumulations of 6 to 12 inches down to 6000 feet. Lighter
amounts can be expected as low as 4500 feet Friday night. Gusty
south to southwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph
can be expected Thursday night through Friday evening.
* WHERE...Los Angeles County Mountains excluding the Santa Monica
* WHEN...From Thursday evening through Saturday afternoon.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on difficult travel conditions. Be
prepared for reduced visibilities at times in snow and blowing
snow. High profile vehicles could be impacted by the strong
winds. Travel on highways 2 and 39 could be impacted by snow