- Fire Weather Watch for Central Sacramento Valley County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued October 12 at 5:10PM PDT until October 15 at 12:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, October 14, 2017 at midnight
- Expires: Sunday, October 15, 2017 at noon
...Gusty Winds and Low Humidity late Friday night into Sunday...
A stronger wind event will impact the area late Friday night into
Sunday. The strongest winds winds look to occur late Friday night
and Saturday. Winds for the valley will taper off Saturday night
but increase once again for many mountain and foothill areas
before tapering off on Sunday. Most critical areas of concern
where the strongest winds are expected will be across exposed
ridges and through wind-aligned drainages.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT
THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING FOR WIND AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER
ZONES 221, 264, 266, 268 AND 269...
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zone 266. Fire weather zone 268.
* WIND...Northeast 15 to 30 mph with local gusts 35 to 45 mph.
* HUMIDITY...Poor overnight recovery as low as 25 to 35 percent
ridges, and as low as 10 to 15 percent on Saturday.
* HIGHEST THREAT...Most critical areas of concern across
exposed ridges and through wind-aligned drainages during
overnight and morning hours.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly,
especially over elevated terrain. Outdoor burning is not
Interact with us via social media