- Winter Storm Warning for Central Sacramento Valley County, California
- Winter Storm Warning issued March 13 at 3:00AM PDT until March 14 at 5:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 1 p.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 5 p.m.
...First in a Series of Winter Storms starts Today...
.Winter weather returns this week as the first in a series of
storms impacts the region through Wednesday bringing heavy snow
and gusty wind. A foot or more of snow is expected above 4000 feet
with 2 to 3 feet possible along the Sierra Nevada crest and
through passes. Impacts to travel will likely be severe with
travel delays, chain controls, and possible road closures. Plan
Additional storms will impact the region later in the week with
more warnings likely due to heavy snowfall and gusty wind.
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS
AFTERNOON TO 5 PM PDT WEDNESDAY ABOVE 4000 FEET...
* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Travel will be very difficult to
impossible. Total snow accumulations of 12 to 18 inches, with
localized amounts up to 3 feet, are expected.
* WHERE...Western Plumas County/Lassen Park and West Slope
Northern Sierra Nevada including Interstate 80 and Highway 50.
* WHEN...1 PM today to 5 PM Wednesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for significant reductions in
visibility at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for snow means there will be snow covered
roads and limited visibilities. Travel is not recommended while
the warning is in effect. If you must travel, keep an extra
flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency.The latest road conditions for the state you are
calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.