- Winter Storm Warning for Central Sacramento Valley County, California
- Winter Storm Warning issued November 03 at 2:53PM PDT until November 04 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, November 3, 2017 at 2:53 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, November 4, 2017 at 11 p.m.
...SIGNIFICANT MOUNTAIN SNOW TODAY INTO THE WEEKEND...
.A significant early season storm is forecast to bring snow and
wind to the mountains of interior Northern California through
Saturday evening. A couple of feet of snow are possible above 6000
feet by Saturday night over the higher elevations. Motorists
planning travel into the mountains during this time frame should
be prepared for winter driving conditions. Lighter snowfall is
expected on Sunday.
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT
SATURDAY ABOVE 6000 FEET...
* WHAT...Heavy wet snow occurring. Plan on difficult travel
conditions. Additional wet snow accumulations of 5 to 8 inches,
with localized amounts up to 20 inches expected. Total
accumulations from 6 to 12 inches with localized amounts up to 2
feet over higher terrain.
* WHERE...Western Plumas County/Lassen Park and West Slope
Northern Sierra Nevada.
* WHEN...Until 11 PM Saturday.
* WIND...Southwest wind gusts up to 45 mph over higher terrain.
* SNOW LEVELS...Around 6500 to 7000 feet Friday lowering to
around 5000 to 6000 feet late Saturday afternoon and evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for significant reductions in
visibility at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for wet snow means there will be snow
covered roads and limited visibilities. Travel is not recommended
while the warning is in effect. If you must travel, keep an extra
flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency.The latest road conditions for the state you are
calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.