- Winter Storm Watch for Central Sacramento Valley County, California
- Winter Storm Watch issued March 21 at 3:00AM PDT until March 22 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 11 p.m.
- Expires: Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 11 p.m.
...Heavy Snow Possible Late Tonight thru Thursday night...
.An atmospheric river will take aim at California this week. Snow
levels will remain above major pass levels through through this
evening, but will lower late tonight as a storm system from the
Gulf of Alaska arrives. Heavy snow will be possible above 6500
feet with the potential for travel delays and chain controls.
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
THURSDAY EVENING ABOVE 6500 FEET...
* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Plan on difficult travel
conditions. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches, with
localized amounts up to 20 inches, are possible.
* WHERE...Western Plumas County/Lassen Park and West Slope
Northern Sierra Nevada...including Donner Summit over Interstate
80, Echo Summit over Highway 50, and Carson Pass over Highway
* WHEN...Late tonight through Thursday evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Significant reductions in visibility are
A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant
snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue
to monitor the latest forecasts.