- Winter Storm Watch for Central Sacramento Valley County, California
- Winter Storm Watch issued January 17 at 4:21AM PST until January 19 at 4:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, January 18, 2018 at noon
- Expires: Friday, January 19, 2018 at 4 p.m.
...Heavy Snow Possible Over The Mountains Thursday through
.A cold Pacific storm system is forecast to move through the
interior of Northern California on Thursday and Thursday night,
with snow showers continuing through the day on Friday. Snow
levels will lower rapidly with this storm, dropping to around
4000 feet Thursday night, and hovering between 3000 and 4000 feet
Friday. In addition, gusty winds during the storm may bring poor
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON ABOVE 4000 FEET...
* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Plan on difficult travel conditions
and chain controls. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 7 inches,
with localized amounts up to 20 inches possible. Light snow
accumulations are possible down to 3000 feet.
* WHERE...Western Plumas County/Lassen Park and West Slope
Northern Sierra Nevada. including Interstate 80 over Donner
Summit, Highway 50 over Echo Pass, and Highway 88 over Carson
* WHEN...From Thursday afternoon through Friday afternoon.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Significant reductions in visibility are
A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant
snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue
to monitor the latest forecasts.