- Winter Weather Advisory for Central Sacramento Valley County, California
- Winter Weather Advisory issued October 19 at 2:39PM PDT until October 20 at 11:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 11 p.m.
- Expires: Friday, October 20, 2017 at 11 a.m.
...Early Season Snow and Gusty Winds...
.A cool weather system will bring early season snow to the
Northern Sierra this evening through Friday morning. Snow levels
are expected to begin high Thursday evening then drop rapidly to
around 5000 to 5500 feet by Friday morning. There could be 3 to
6 inches of snow along Interstate 80 above 6000 feet...impacting
areas near Donner pass. Motorists traveling over mountain passes
should be prepared for slick roads. Winds gusting to 65 mph over
mountain ridges could cause problems for high profile vehicles
and when combined with snow could bring poor visibility.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS
EVENING TO 11 AM PDT FRIDAY...
* WHAT... Snow expected. Plan on slippery road conditions. Strong,
gusty winds may impact driving and visibility. Total snow
accumulations up to 3 to 6 inches are expected above 6000 feet.
Up to 9 inches near Lassen Park.
* WHERE...Western Plumas County/Lassen Park and West Slope
Northern Sierra Nevada...above 6000 feet.
* WHEN...11 PM Thursday to 11 AM Friday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.