- Excessive Heat Warning for Coastal North Bay Including Point Reyes National Seashore County, California
- Excessive Heat Warning issued September 03 at 3:11PM PDT until September 03 at 9:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 3:11 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 9 p.m.
...Slightly cooler today, but very warm to hot conditions will
persist through this evening...
Temperatures today are anywhere from 5 to 15 degrees cooler than
on Saturday, and locally as much as 20 degrees cooler. Even with
this cooling, temperatures are still well above normal. Also,
relative humidity values have increased which has resulted in
increased discomfort. These factors will maintain moderate to
high heat risks across the entire region through this evening.
More significant relief from the heat is expected by Monday.
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM PDT THIS
An Excessive Heat Warning remains in effect until 9 PM PDT this
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...East Bay Hills and the Diablo Range.
* TEMPERATURES...High temperatures on Sunday are forecast to
range from the mid 90s to 107. Overnight lows tonight will
generally range from the upper 70s to near 90. Cooler
temperatures are forecast for Monday.
* IMPACTS...HIGH risk of heat related illness, especially for
sensitive groups: elderly, children, sick people as well as
pets and livestock. This heat will also be dangerous to anyone
without proper hydration or adequate cooling.
* ADDITIONAL IMPACTS...Plan outdoor activities accordingly. Try
to schedule holiday weekend activities in the morning or
evening when temperatures will be cooler, and with less
exposure to direct sunlight.
An Excessive Heat Warning means that a prolonged period of
dangerously hot temperatures will occur. Hot temperatures will
create a dangerous situation in which heat illnesses are likely.
Drink plenty of fluids...stay in an air-conditioned room...stay
out of the sun...and check up on relatives and neighbors.