- Red Flag Warning for Coastal North Bay Including Point Reyes National Seashore County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued October 14 at 5:07PM PDT until October 15 at 8:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 5:07 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 8 a.m.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH 8 AM PDT SUNDAY FOR
THE NORTH BAY MOUNTAINS...
...RED FLAG WARNING NOW IN EFFECT THROUGH 8 AM PDT SUNDAY FOR THE
EAST BAY HILLS AND THE DIABLO RANGE...
...RED FLAG WARNING FOR THE NORTH BAY VALLEYS WILL BE ALLOWED TO
EXPIRE AT 5 PM PDT SATURDAY...
.Northeast to east winds had decreased in most areas late Saturday
afternoon and are expected to remain mostly light through
Saturday evening. However, easterly winds are forecast to
increase in the hills of the North and East Bay late tonight.
Winds in the hills tonight are not expected to be as strong as
last night, but still strong enough to create critical fire
weather conditions when combined with the warm and very dry
airmass and dry fuels. Expect very poor overnight humidity
recoveries in the North Bay Mountains and East Bay Hills tonight
with relative humidity values remaining below 30 percent, and even
below 20 percent on the higher ridges. Minimum relative humidity
values on Sunday are forecast to be 10 to 20 percent and as low as
the single digits in the hills. In addition, high temperatures on
Sunday are forecast to be warmer than Saturday by about five
degrees. Overnight relative humidity recoveries are expected to
be better for North Bay Valleys and winds will mostly be light in
Warm and very dry conditions are forecast to continue into Monday,
but winds will generally be light, even in the hills, from mid
morning Sunday through Monday.
...RED FLAG WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM PDT SUNDAY FOR
LOCALLY GUSTY OFFSHORE WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zone 511. East Bay Hills and the
* WIND...Northeast winds of 10 to 15 mph with gusts of 20 to 30
mph likely on highest ridges and peaks. Strongest winds are
expected in the Berkeley Hills between midnight and sunrise
early Sunday morning. Winds are forecast to decrease by mid
* HUMIDITY...Minimum daytime values between 10 to 20 percent and
as low as the single digits. Night time recovery values between
25 and 35 percent and as low as 15 percent.
* HIGHEST THREAT...Elevations above 1000 ft in the East Bay Hills
and Diablo Range, particularly in the Berkeley Hills.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.