- Red Flag Warning for East-Central San Joaquin Valley County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued December 16 at 4:00AM PST until December 16 at 7:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 4 a.m.
- Expires: Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 7 p.m.
...Red Flag Warning for the Sierra Nevada and Kern County
Mountains remains in effect through this evening for low
.Prolonged periods of single digit humidities continue across the
mountains and will continue through this evening, especially at
elevations above 4000 feet. There may be some increase in humidity
in the Sierra early today as a cold front moves through the
district. However, as winds shift to the northeast this afternoon,
humidity will decrease again. Winds could become gusty over the
high Sierra ridges late this afternoon.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM PST THIS EVENING
FOR VERY LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 295, 296, AND 297...
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zone 295.Fire weather zone
296.Fire weather zone 297.
* WIND...Northeast to east 5-12 mph tonight, becoming north to
northeast 10-20 mph over the Sierra Nevada by this afternoon.
Locally higher gusts are possible.
* HUMIDITY...Less than 10 percent at many locations. Humidity will
remain low through this evening, especially across Kern County.
In the Sierra, humidity will increase slightly today, then
decrease again this afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.