- Winter Storm Watch for East-Central San Joaquin Valley County, California
- Winter Storm Watch issued January 07 at 5:18AM PST until January 09 at 10:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Monday, January 8, 2018 at 10 p.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 10 p.m.
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING
THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING...
* WHAT...Heavy snow and blowing and drifting snow. Plan on
hazardous winter driving conditions, travel delays and
possible road closures with local whiteout conditions. Total
snow accumulations of up to 2 feet are likely above 7,000 feet
with the potential for as much as 3 feet of new snow along the
Sierra crest by Tuesday evening.
* WHERE...Sierra Nevada from Yosemite National Park to the Kern
County line. Snow levels starting out above 8000 feet and
lowering to 4500 feet to 5500 feet Tuesday.
* WHEN...From Monday evening through Tuesday evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Significant reductions in visibility are
possible. Most roads will have chain requirements.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant
snow accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor
the latest forecasts.