- Winter Weather Advisory for East-Central San Joaquin Valley County, California
- Winter Weather Advisory issued May 25 at 12:32PM PDT until May 26 at 5:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, May 25, 2018 at 12:32 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 5 a.m.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM PDT
SATURDAY ABOVE 8000 FEET...
* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3
inches, with amounts up to 6 inches in some locations, are
expected. In addition, expect isolated to scattered
thunderstorms with frequent dangerous lightning.
* WHERE...Sierra Nevada high country from Yosemite to Kings
Canyon. Includes Tuolumne Meadows and near Tioga Pass. Hiking
trails in the high country along the crest.
* WHEN...From 5 AM Friday to 5 AM PDT Saturday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Hazardous driving conditions are expected
over the high Sierra passes. Plan on an alternate route. Expect
reduced visibilities and chain controls at times. Those
involved in outdoor recreation and hiking along trails in the
high country should be prepared for winter-like conditions.