- High Wind Warning for Eastern Sierra Slopes of Inyo County County, California
- High Wind Warning issued February 19 at 3:51AM PST until February 19 at 4:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Monday, February 19, 2018 at 3:51 a.m.
- Expires: Monday, February 19, 2018 at 4 p.m.
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST THIS
* TIMING...Strong wind gusts will remain possible through mid-
morning before decreasing this afternoon.
* WINDS...In the Owens Valley, west 20 to 30 MPH, gusts 35 to 55
MPH, with occasional gusts in excess of 60 MPH possible. In the
Sierra, west 40 to 50 MPH with gusts 60 to 80 mph. Decreasing
north winds are likely behind a cold front that is pushing
south through the area this morning.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds will create hazardous driving
conditions due to gusty crosswinds and areas of blowing dust,
especially between Independence and Ridgecrest along Highway
395. High profile vehicles may be overturned due to wind.