- Winter Storm Watch for Eastern Sierra Slopes of Inyo County County, California
- Winter Storm Watch issued November 14 at 6:53AM PST until November 16 at 10:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, November 16, 2017 at midnight
- Expires: Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 10 p.m.
An area of low pressure off the Pacific Northwest coast is
expected to bring widespread mountain snow to portions of the
southern Sierra late Wednesday through Thursday. This will likely
be the first significant snowfall this season.
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT
THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING...
* TIMING...Light snow is expected to begin mid day Wednesday and
then become more widespread and heavier by Wednesday evening.
Moderate to heavy snow will likely continue into Thursday
* MAIN IMPACT...Snow, heavy at times will occur over much of the
southern and eastern slopes of the Sierra. Snow totals are
expected to range from 2 to 3 feet above 10000 feet with 6 to
12 inches above 8000 feet. Strong winds will also likely
develop with southwest to west winds 30 to 40 mph. This may
cause areas of blowing and drifting snow along with lower
* OTHER IMPACTS...Those enjoying outdoor recreation in the
Sierra may be caught unprepared for early-season wintry