- Winter Weather Advisory for Eastern Sierra Slopes of Inyo County County, California
- Winter Weather Advisory issued November 16 at 3:10PM PST until November 17 at 4:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 3:10 p.m.
- Expires: Friday, November 17, 2017 at 4 a.m.
.An area of low pressure off the Pacific Northwest coast will
bring widespread mountain snow to the higher elevations of the
southern Sierra through early Friday morning.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PST
* TIMING...Snow will reintensity this evening. Moderate to heavy
snow will likely continue into early Friday morning.
* MAIN IMPACT...Snow, heavy at times, will occur over much of
the eastern slopes of the Sierra. Snow totals are expected to
range from 2 to 3 feet above 10000 feet with 6 to 12 inches
above 9000 feet. Lesser amounts are possible between 8500 and
9000 feet. Strong winds are also likely with southwest to west
winds 30 to 40 mph. This may cause areas of blowing and
drifting snow along with lower visibility.
* OTHER IMPACTS...Those enjoying outdoor recreation in the
Sierra may be caught unprepared for early-season wintry