- Excessive Heat Warning for Imperial County County, California
- Excessive Heat Warning issued August 30 at 3:09PM PDT until August 30 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 3:09 p.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 8 p.m.
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM MST /8 PM
PDT/ THIS EVENING...
* AFFECTED AREA...Southeast California including the Imperial
Valley, Blythe, and the lower elevations of Joshua Tree
National Park. Southwest Arizona including the cities of
Parker, Ehrenberg, Yuma, Fortuna Foothills, Brenda,
Quartzsite, Vicksburg, and Salome.
* TEMPERATURE...Highs of 110 to 115 degrees.
* IMPACTS...Persons working outdoors or those without access to
adequate air conditioning will be more likely to experience
heat related illness, such as heat exhaustion. Some heat
related illnesses are serious enough to require
hospitalization and could become fatal if left untreated.