- Fire Weather Watch for Imperial County County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued May 09 at 10:24AM PDT until May 11 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, May 11, 2018 at noon
- Expires: Friday, May 11, 2018 at 8 p.m.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING FOR STRONG WINDS, LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY
AND HIGH FIRE DANGER FOR THE LOWER DESERTS OF SOUTHWEST AND SOUTH
CENTRAL ARIZONA INCLUDING THE LOWER COLORADO RIVER VALLEY...
* AFFECTED AREA...Yuma/Martinez Lake and Vicinity/Lower Colorado
River Valley AZ, Central Deserts and Lower Colorado River
* WINDS...Southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* TIMING...Noon through 8 pm.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 9 percent.
* IMPACTS...Fuels are very dry and fire danger is high. These
conditions combined with low relative humidity and strong
winds will lead to widespread hazardous fire weather