- Beach Hazards Statement for Mendocino Coast County, California
- Beach Hazards Statement issued July 25 at 11:43AM PDT until July 25 at 5:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 11:43 a.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 5 p.m.
...Longer period southerly swell through this afternoon...
.A southerly swell with a longer periods should continue to
impact the coastal zones through this afternoon. Hazardous beach
conditions will occur due to the larger than normal breaking waves
along south facing beaches, such as Shelter Cove and South Beach
at Crescent City. Wave conditions will gradually improve later
today into tonight.
...BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM PDT THIS
* WAVES AND SURF...Southerly swell to 3 to 4 feet with a period of
16 to 17 seconds. Breaking waves of 7 to 9 feet will be
possible at favored locations.
* HAZARDS...Increased risk of larger than normal breaking waves
at south facing beaches.
* TIMING...Now through through Wednesday evening.
* IMPACTS...Larger surf at offshore breaks along the south
facing beaches of northwest California. Steep beaches will
have a higher risk of sneaker wave activity with greater wave
run-up onto beaches. Large waves will also wash over jetties
and rock outcroppings that may normally stay dry.