- Beach Hazards Statement for Mendocino Coast County, California
- Beach Hazards Statement issued October 17 at 9:24PM PDT until October 17 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 9:24 p.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 11 p.m.
...BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT THIS
* TIMING...The highest sneaker wave risk will persist through
* IMPACTS...Larger surf at offshore breaks and an enhanced risk
of sneaker waves on northwest California beaches. Steep
beaches will have a higher risk of sneaker wave activity with
greater wave run-up onto beaches. Large waves will also wash
over jetties and rock outcroppings that may normally stay dry.
A Beach Hazard Statement is issued when threats such as sneaker
waves and other hazards create life-threatening conditions in the
surf zone. Caution should be used when in or near the water.