- Flood Warning for Mendocino Coast County, California
- Flood Warning issued December 13 at 4:15AM PST until further notice by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, December 13, 2015 at 4:15 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, December 13, 2015 at 12:15 p.m.
...The National Weather Service in Eureka has issued
a FLOOD WARNING in cooperation with the California Department
of Water Resources for the following rivers in California...
Smith River Near Dr Fine Bridge affecting Del Norte County
HEAVY RAINFALL ASSOCIATED WITH A FRONTAL SYSTEM AND DEVELOPING LOW
PRESSURE WILL BRING CONTINUED RAINFALL TO THE SMITH RIVER BASIN
THROUGH THIS MORNING. RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 3 TO 5 INCHES HAVE
FALLEN AND ADDITIONAL AMOUNTS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES ARE LIKELY.
The National Weather Service in Eureka has issued a
* FLOOD WARNING For
The Smith River Near Dr Fine Bridge.
* until further notice...or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 3:15 AM Sunday the stage was 31.9 feet.
* MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST.
* Flood stage is 33.0 feet.
* This river is Forecast to rise above FLOOD stage of 33.0 FT BY 5 AM
THIS MORNING AND crest near 34 FT late this morning...
then forecast to fall below monitor stage of 27.0 FT near 6 PM TODAY.
* IMPACTS...At 33.0 feet...FLOODING IS LIKELY NEAR THE GRAVEL PLANT AND
ON SOUTH BANK ROAD IN THE VICINITY OF HIGHWAY 101. WATER MAY FLOW
ACROSS LOW-LYING AREAS INTO LAKE EARL ABOUT 4 MILES SOUTH OF THE RIVER
INCLUDING AREAS ALONG LOWER LAKE DRIVE.
* FLOOD HISTORY...This crest compares to a previous crest of 34.1 feet
on JAN 8 1990.