- High Surf Advisory for Mendocino Coast County, California
- High Surf Advisory issued April 08 at 2:11AM PDT until April 08 at 9:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, April 8, 2018 at 3 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, April 8, 2018 at 9 a.m.
...HIGH SURF ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM PDT THIS MORNING...
The National Weather Service in Eureka has issued a High Surf
Advisory...which is in effect until 9 AM PDT this morning.
* WAVES AND SURF...Breaking waves 21 to 23 feet along west and
northwest facing beaches.
* IMPACTS...Large breaking waves along the coast will lead to
increased wave run-up on beaches with waves topping and washing
over large rocks and jetties. These large waves can be erratic
and unpredictable. Use extra caution near the surf zone as these
large waves will be capable of sweeping people into the frigid
and turbulent ocean water. Mariners traversing the bar are urged
to exercise extreme caution especially during max ebb...or stay
in port until the threat subsides.