- High Surf Advisory for Mendocino Coast County, California
- High Surf Advisory issued January 19 at 3:00AM PST until January 19 at 11:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Friday, January 19, 2018 at 3 a.m.
- Expires: Friday, January 19, 2018 at 11 a.m.
...HIGH SURF ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM PST THIS
* WAVES AND SURF...Breaking waves near 20 feet along west and
northwest facing beaches.
* IMPACTS...Large breaking waves along the coast will lead to
increased wave run-up on beaches with waves topping and
washing over large rocks and jetties. These large waves can be
erratic and unpredictable. Use extra caution near the surf
zone as these large waves will be capable of sweeping people
into the frigid and turbulent ocean water. Mariners traversing
the bar are urged to exercise extreme caution especially
during max ebb which is predicted to occur between 1:40 AM and
6:50 AM Friday...or stay in port until the threat subsides.