- Winter Storm Watch for Mendocino Coast County, California
- Winter Storm Watch issued January 17 at 10:57AM PST until January 19 at 7:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, January 18, 2018 at noon
- Expires: Friday, January 19, 2018 at 7 p.m.
...Snow above 2500 feet Thursday night through Friday night...
.A storm system will bring rain and snow to the area Thursday
night through Friday night. Snow levels Thursday night will fall
to 2500 feet, resulting in accumulating snow at pass level.
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING ABOVE 3000 FEET...
* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 9
inches, with localized amounts up to 12 inches, are possible.
Heaviest snow above 3,500 feet with up to 5 inches as low as 2500
* WHERE...Del Norte County Interior. Mainly rural roads above
* WHEN...From Thursday afternoon through Friday evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Slow down, allow extra time and be
prepared for changing conditions. Check the latest forecasts
and call 1-800-427-7623 for current road conditions and chain
requirements before traveling. Be alert for rock slides in