- Winter Weather Advisory for Mendocino Coast County, California
- Winter Weather Advisory issued February 22 at 11:36AM PST until February 22 at 4:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 11:36 a.m.
- Expires: Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 4 p.m.
...SNOW SHOWERS WITH LOW ELEVATION SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH
.Snow showers will continue to impact the region through primarily
the early afternoon hours today. Coverage has begun to diminish,
but additional light accumulations can be expected, particularly
in Humboldt county. Accumulating snow levels will remain near 1000
feet, with light snow occasionally mixing with rain to as low as
400 feet at times. Small Hail will also be possible near the
coast, although at this stage significant accumulations are not
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST THIS
AFTERNOON ABOVE 1000 FEET...
* WHAT...Snow occurring. Plan on slippery road conditions,
including during the evening commute. Additional snow
accumulations of up to one inch are expected.
* WHERE...Del Norte Interior, Southwestern Humboldt, Interior
Humboldt County, Trinity County. Highways impacted include
Highways 101, 199, 299, 96, 36. This includes Berry Summit on
299 and South Fork Summit on 36. Shelter Cove and Mattole Roads
will also be affected.
* WHEN...Until 4 PM today.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Slow down, allow extra time and be
prepared for changing conditions. Check the latest forecasts
and call 1-800-427-7623 for current road conditions and chain
requirements before traveling. Be alert for rock slides in