- Coastal Flood Advisory for Mendocino Interior County, California
- Coastal Flood Advisory issued January 04 at 6:52AM PST until January 04 at 3:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, January 4, 2018 at noon
- Expires: Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 3 p.m.
...COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 3 PM TODAY...
* COASTAL FLOODING...High astronomical tides and southerly winds
will cause minor flooding in low-lying areas around Humboldt
Bay. The water level is expected to peak between 8.7 and 8.9
feet MLLW at the North Spit tide gauge.
* TIMING...High tide is at 1251 PM at the Humboldt Bay North Spit
tide gauge. Flooding may begin an hour before and continue for
an hour or two after high tide.
* IMPACTS...Low-lying areas will experience minor flooding
including...but not limited to...roadways in King Salmon and
the Arcata bottoms.
A Coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides
will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore.